The Calgary Canoe Club (CCC) is situated in the heart of Calgary on the Glenmore Reservoir and located in the North Glenmore Park. This location offers 14km of shoreline to paddle, sweeping views of the Foothills and Rocky Mountains, and a nature reserve at our doorstep (Weaselhead Flats). This is the perfect setting for offering paddling programs for all ages and all levels.
The CCC was established in 1959 and is a non-profit organization that provides training and promotes excellence in competitive paddling disciplines (sprint canoe/kayak and outrigger), and provides the opportunity to all members of the community to experience lifelong learning skills through paddling.
On water programs run May through October (weather permitting). The City bylaw allows us to be on the reservoir during this 6 month period with no exceptions for earlier or later access. Additional City bylaws must be adhered to and include: wearing a DOT approved PFD (lifejacket), no swimming in the reservoir, no pets allowed, and shore landing only at one of the 3 dock areas around the reservoir.
Please note: The Canoe Club location is by far the most congested parking area on the reservoir. If you are a recreation user with your own boat we strongly suggest you park at either Heritage Park (14th St/Heritage Park) or the Sailing Club (90th Ave/24th St) for dock access.
During the offseason our coaches run dryland competitive programs for the respective canoe/kayak and outrigger paddlers. Indoor training facilities are available for these members.
Our Programs include:
- School/Group Dragon Boating and/or recreational canoe/kayak sessions (must be booked in advance and based on availability)
- Adult outrigger and sprint canoe/kayak programs
- Team building sessions in Dragon Boating, outrigger, and/or recreational canoe/kayak
- Youth Learn 2 Paddle camps for kids age 9-12
- Sprint canoe/kayak programs for kids age 9-18+
- Sorry, we do not offer recreation lessons for adults in canoe and/ or kayak. Try the U of C or other companies.
The Calgary Canoe Club is part of the provincial sport organization Alberta Sprint Racing Association (ASRCA) and the national sport organization Canoe Kayak Canada (CKC).